Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Latest on Life

Right now I feel like writing about the move. Because mom and dad found a house and moving is the only thing anyone seems to think about these days. Especially today, because tomorrow is Saturday. That means that it's Cleaning Day, which is because on Sunday we have an open house. Which is a good and bad thing. Good because someone might buy this place (who wouldn't want to, really?) and bad because we (mostly mom besides my bedroom) will have to clean. But enough about the move.


Today I had to do a play for AP English. My group ended up picking mine, and since we had to do a social issue I did mine on rumors. Let's just say that we performed a lot better not onstage than we did onstage. For instance, there was one part where one of my friends was supposed to say "Just because it's believable doesn't make it true" she said "Just because it's true doesn't make it believable". Which is also a true statement, just not for my play. But then I messed up too. I was supposed to say "She was expelled from her old school you know." then my friend was supposed to say "for what?" and I would reply "I dunno, probably vandalism or something."
This is what happened: "She was expelled from her old school for vandalism." "For what?" "Vandalism." The girl who played Jackie (and the one who messed up with the other lines) couldn't stop laughing at it. But it was pretty fun anyways. Turns out that it was good that we went first, because the next group was so good they would've made us look like...I don't know, but really bad. I can't wait for Monday, because those should be really good too.


Well last week I joined a site that some friends in my AP English class had joined. It's called Figment.com, and it's a place where people can write stories, poems, ect. and their friends can all see them. It's really neat. My Figment name is Abigail Rae, and I actually have my blog connected to it now. Because the only thing I can ever think about these days is moving, my single story (that has anything in it anyways) is about a girl who moves. I know, I know, figures.


We're a little sad today because we had put an offer on a house, but so had some other people (my dad thought they were lying, but turns out my mom was right after all) and they ended up winning because they have cash and we don't. Yet. So I guess we're back to searching for houses, which is a bummer because I liked knowing that we at least had that part done with. But we have to trust that God will help us find the right house, even if it's not the totally awesome one with the horse fences and huge yard and chicken coop and my own bathroom that had 2 sinks and a bedroom with 2 closets.
So when I pray, I'm praying that God will help us find the right house...and in record time, please! I mean, spring break is what, a month away? No, no, that's my birthday, sorry. It was exactly one month away as of yesterday.


This year I'm turning 14, and I've come to the conclusion that birthdays are going to be kind of boring until I hit 16 and can drive. I mean, I already got past the double digit birthday, my 13th, and now I have two years until my 16th, and then two years until my golden birthday 18th, which is also when I become a legal adult. That should be fun :)


Anywho, enough of this randomness. That's really all I have going on right now, although honestly it seems like a lot more when idealy you should be out of the state by the end of June. But like I said, we have to trust that God knows best.

<3 Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment