Monday, January 3, 2011

The Big News

Happy 2011!!! Well, I haven't updated for awhile. My computer is known for getting trojans almost every time I go online and my Avast thing expired, so I was a little wary of going on the internet. But I decided to risk it.
I thought last year was the biggest year of my life. I think part of it's just middle school. I guess that's when you really step into the real world. I don't know if it's necessarily that more events happen, but I think you just notice everything more. However, in my case a lot of things had happened.
As many of you know I had surgery in July, another surgery in November (and a miraculous recovery, I may add), and there was talk of moving around my house. I won't go into any detail or anything about the move, although I will say that there's a really neat God story behind it.
Now, after the initial talk in July of 2010, we are officially selling our house and moving south.
I have lots of different feelings about this. You could say that I was bribed because with moving comes a facebook, a cell phone, and a dog. I was kind of off and on with the idea. When it was bitter cold out, my friends were giving me a hard time about stuff, and I had been looking at puppy pictures online, moving seemed like it could be good. But then on days when I was having fun with my friends, like when I went to Noodles & Company with Libby (they don't have those where we're going) or to Discovery World with Amanda, I wondered how it would be possible to leave everything here. One big thing that we have now is our church, New Vision. It's the most amazing thing ever! As much as I love the friends I had at Fox River, I have made tons of great friends at New Vision and have had a great time there. I'm really sad to leave it, because I have no clue what southern churches will be like.
As I'm sure most people have noticed, our snow has completely melted. And just in case that has caused a mix up with your mental calender, it is in fact JANUARY not APRIL. I just find it funny that this is a normal thing in Georgia yet here it's about as uncommon as food falling from the sky or something. I think it's my little preparation for their strange and unfamiliar Christmas weather. When my dad went down there to check out the place he said he saw a guy doing laps in an outdoor pool. This was back when we still had snow on the ground, thank you very much. It's weird.
(A Morkie. Picture from Google Images)
Like I mentioned, I've been VERY interested in looking at getting my dog. The breed I want is a Morkie, a mix between a Maltese and a Yorkie. I could go on for hours with all the information I've learned, but that would be boring. So I added a picture of one that I found on Google. They're really cute!

-Abby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie!
    Love you and love to read what you are thinking. Your blog is so awesome. I think you should keep the picture big-looks great. The only thing better than Abby is more of Abby!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete